Aches and Pains

Mom started feeling the chemo side affects on Wednesday, January 16.  She said she ached so bad that she wanted to cry like a baby. I could tell, by the way she sounded on the phone, that she was not doing good. Her throat was very swollen, she could hardly talk, and her energy was really low. I was very worried about her getting enough fluids, her throat was so bad she could not even swallow ice cream. I felt so bad that I could not be there, I had a cold.

Her Oncologist gave her an antibiotic and some medicine to for her throat. She was feeling good enough to drink the next day. She has been lucky enough not to have had much nausea, knock on wood, and has been sleeping well at night. The aching is constant and she is always cold. But she is glad she does not have the nausea along with it.

She should start feeling better by the end of the week. Then she will have a week of feeling good before her next session. And hopefully I can stay well, because I am missing my mom and so are my boys!

Comments

Popular Posts